Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Action/Motion

This week's assignment was all about capturing action and motion. I really enjoyed this assignment as it allowed me to play with blurs, especially since I've been having trouble with blurs and camera shakes recently.
Brian Nguyen, 20, first discovered breakdancing in 2010 after he joined Western’s Hip Hop Association. He wanted to find an outlet to not only make use of his extra energy, but find a way to express himself.
“It was hard getting used to the motions at first,” Nguyen said. “After a while, making the movements felt good and easier, but when I would see myself on video I didn’t like how it looked. It’s definitely a long process to get the hang of breaking, but it’s worth it.”
While other break dancers practice for competitions and battles, Nguyen said he enjoys break dancing as a form of leisure and recreation. It allows him to simply have fun, he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment